UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar golson
Scholar

Trying to use system clock as a external output port as well as internal clock signal

Hi,

I would like to send the System clock out of the Microblaze submodule.  I tried making the clock_generator_0 port CLK_OUT0 sys_clk_s net a external port.

I receive the following error.

Make instance clock_generator_0 port CLKOUT0 external with net as port name
Can't make external port sys_clk_s_pin - net sys_clk_s already used

I think this is because the net is used all over the place and the port name may not be the same name as the signal.  How can I send the clock to a external output port?

Thank You,

Gary Olson

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Historian
Historian

Re: Trying to use system clock as a external output port as well as internal clock signal

Do you want the "external" clock to be external to the FPGA (brought to an I/O pin) or external to the MicroBlaze module but still inside the FPGA?

-a 

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Scholar golson
Scholar

Re: Trying to use system clock as a external output port as well as internal clock signal

Still inside the FPGA but outside the Microblaze Submodule.  I would also want to send out a Reset Signal.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Are you trying to connect the output of the clock generator as an external port?  

0 Kudos
Scholar golson
Scholar

Yes,  I am looking for a way to feed external logic not part of the Microblaze system.  but where a Microblaze submodule would share the system clock and reset with

external logic.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can manually add it to the MHS

PORT sys_clk_s_pin = sys_clk_s, DIR = O 

0 Kudos
Scholar golson
Scholar

Thank You,

Gary

0 Kudos