UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor rik
Visitor

Ultrascale+ MPSoC Cortex-R5 with IAR.

Hi,

I have built the Xilinx SDK Hello World app (for the Cortex-R5 RPU) using IAR but now I am stuck in how to debug this.

Using the Xilinx SDK tools I can build and debug the generated example application without any problems.

I took me a while to convert all this to IAR but I seem to have it building okay but I am struggling to work out how I can debug this from IAR? 

If anyone has any ideas please let me know? I have Segger J-Link and ARM D-Stream available to me as well as the build in Jtag on the dev board.

Cheers,

Rik

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Ultrascale+ MPSoC Cortex-R5 with IAR.

Hi @rik

There is no support for J-Link or D-Stream within XIlinx SDK so you will need to use System Debugger with the build in JTAG on the development board. The required steps should be the same as the applications build using the default toolchain.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor rik
Visitor

Re: Ultrascale+ MPSoC Cortex-R5 with IAR.

The System Debugger is not reliable for source level debugging. Sometimes it fails to get the source location from the ELF. I have found the GDB debugger to be considerably more reliable.

0 Kudos