UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor imbs
Visitor

Unable to Exit Xilinx SDK; Java Error

I've seen this error occasionally and have to kill the eclipse.exe process to get out of the SDK.

When I click the close button (big red 'X' in top corner of window), I get a dialog box that says,

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.

Could not initialize class

com.xilinx.sdk.sw.SwDbUtils$SwReposManHolder

and the SDK doesn't close. Clicking the close button again just gives the same message box.

Unfortunately, the help is out of date or something. In trying to view the "error log" mentioned, I searched help and found a section titled, "Error Log". It says to open Window->Show View->Error Log. There is no "Error Log" choice in the Window->Show View drop down. The help even has a link to that (Window->Show View->Error Log), but clicking it does nothing.

Hah! Found the error log. On the Help-About window you can click "Installation Details", then click the "Configuration" tab. At the bottom is a button, "View Error Log". Clicking this brings up the Eclipse error log in a browser. I have attached the contents.

Xilinx Software Development Kit Release Version: 2016.3

Windows 7 Pro

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor balbir1430
Visitor

Re: Unable to Exit Xilinx SDK; Java Error

I am also facing the same issue for Xilinx SDK 2016.4

Please help with the solution.

0 Kudos
Observer jbeck695
Observer

Same issue using 2018.2

Anyone find a fix or have suggesting or just kill the process is best workaround?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

we are not seeing this issue while doing close or exit SDK 16.3or 18.2 on windows7 pro.

Please provide steps ,if after any specific steps this issue is coming.   

Thanks&Regards,

Sneha

0 Kudos
Visitor nwaters
Visitor

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Another one vote for seeing it in 2018.2 in Window 7 Pro.

After installing 2018.2, first time Launch SDK through Vivado was OK but can not exit. So I had to use task manager to end it.

Since then every time I launch the SDK through Vivado or not, I got "initialize s/w repositories" error.

Change Active provider to Direct and turn off firewall does not help.

Xilinx experts please help!

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I found a way to fix this.

People said turning off the windows firewall should be able to fix this issue. I can not just turn off firewall through window configuration cause my windows 7 came with McAfee tool as default and everything is controlled by it. 

So, you need to download MCRP.exe from McAfee support website. And use it to remove all McAfee stuff.

Then your SDK can open and exit smoothly. 

OK. allow me to describe it step by step, just for beginners like me:

1. Turn off all Xilinx application: Vivado, SDK, whatever. If it can not exit, use task manager to end it.

2.  Restart your PC.

3. Go to C:\Users\"your user name"\.Xilinx, delete SDK folder. Or Actually you can delete all .Xilnx folder.

4. Google "MCRP MacFee support", and go to the Macfee support website. You will see "How to remove McAfee products from a PC running Windows". Scroll down until you see "Download the MCPR tool.". Download it and run it.

5. Your PC will need to be restarted. 

Viola, SDK is back, through Vivado to launch it and exit it smoothly.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Forgot the step 6.

6. Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> System and security -> Windows Firewall.

Turn off your firewall. And restart your PC.
0 Kudos