UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create bsf for USB driver checking on ZYNQ-7000 (zc702) by using SDK.

Jump to solution

On ZYNQ-7000 (zc702), we initially checked the result of ip integrations of UART, DDR and Ethernet using SDK templates. In the same manner we integrated ip's for USB and CAN, But we didn't see any template to check USB and CAN in SDK.

Please find screenshot of template list attached below.

TEMPLATES.JPG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Unable to create bsf for USB driver checking on ZYNQ-7000 (zc702) by using SDK.

Jump to solution

You don't need to modify hello world, you can use "Import Examples".

example.JPG

16 Replies

Re: Unable to create bsf for USB driver checking on ZYNQ-7000 (zc702) by using SDK.

Jump to solution

HI subani.08bm044@gmail.com 

Yes we dont have an USB template option in SDK.

Please create a  application with hellowork template & replace all the USB files which are mentioned in below link & build.

Please Note : Baremetal drivers will only support for USB device mode , there is no Host mode support available. For host mode you need to use the Linux OS.

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842117/Zynq+Standalone+USB+device+driver

Thanks & regards

Aarvind

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

In that link ie,https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842117/Zynq+Standalone+USB+device+driver

I found Source path for the driver and test procedure link with in it, But when I trying to open them error message appears as 

"This site can’t be reached".

Please suggest us where do we get drivers and how to enable and check them.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
The example codes are also in your SDK installation folder.
i.e.
C:\Xilinx\SDK\2018.3\data\embeddedsw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\usbps_v2_4
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply.

We have source files of USB with in that specified folders.But how can we create template by modifiying the hello world template.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

You don't need to modify hello world, you can use "Import Examples".

example.JPG

Jump to solution

Thank you for replay.

As of now we imported usbps files in bsp as mention in previous discussion. There after we are getting a popup regarding USB not recognization.Please find screenshots below.

Thanks and Regards 

S Subani.

USB IP integration.JPG
sdk_lanch and importing usbps files.JPG
USB not recognization in Device Manager.JPG
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for your feedback.

Looks like USB driver is missing, please let us know where can we get that same.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
This is just a mass storage device example like other USB flash memory.
I don’t think it needs any special driver. Does USB flash work on your PC?
I just tried the example design(2019.1) on ZC702, I don’t see any problem.
Per your screenshot, it looks like the request failed. I am not sure of it, maybe try other cable or check the Jumper setting?
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you for feedback.
Can you guide me Jumper settings for the same above, I'm using Xilinx Platform Cable USB-II.

How to configure SW16, SW10, jumper settings ?

which cables (i.e, USB at J1, USB-UART at J17 ), I need to plug-in for above?

Do I need to add I/O peripheral 'UART' with 'USB ' in ZYNQ Block Design ip configuration  or  else need to add only 'USB' ip module ?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

When I tried with  SW16-00000, SW10-10, Jumper setting are default fixed and J1 USB  and USB-UART cables are connected and I' adding only USB ip module with in the zynq block diagram picking up. And included import examples for usbps with in ' system.mss ' Iin SDK with empty template. Then while run as 1.Launch on hardware (system debugger) following errors came.

USB_ERROR.JPG
USB_ERROR_2.JPG
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
You just need to run block automation to import the board preset. Uart and USB are enabled by default.

Please check Figure 1-2 for connection.
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zc702_zvik/ug850-zc702-eval-bd.pdf
No.6 is for Micro-B USB JTAG. No.12 is for Uart and No4 is for the USB test.
You want to test USB in device mode, did you use this No.4 to your host PC?

SW16 is set to JTAG mode. If you use Platform Cable USB-II you need to set SW10 to 10 as listed in Table1-10.
For USB jumper, please check Table 1-6: USB Jumper Settings, I didn’t change it from the default.

I am not sure why you are running an empty application?
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you for your feedback.

We normally added ip's of USB and UART by giving tik mark in zynq block diagram of zynq processer, thereafter created wraper file (.v) and thereafter checked all the swithcs sw-16(00000), sw-10(10),cable at j1, j17 and default jumper settings. After that exported bitstream to hardware and launched SDK. In SDK we created helloworld template and within bsp and .mss we included usbps by giving tik mark. Thereafter built that once again and run that with launch oh hardware (system debugger). Then we get error messages below.

I tried again with empty template also.Then again get errors attached below.

error_while-run.JPG
error_while_run_empty_application_1.JPG
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
helloworld template also didn't work? please share the Debug configuration setting(Target Setup, Application Tab)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for reply.

Helloworld template working fine. In the ZYNQ Block diagram, I selected  UART and automated,validated and created wraper file (.v). There after exported hardware and launched SDK and created application for helloworld with the same helloworld template.Then run that application with serial port (teraterm). In this way what ever we write with in print statement that printed on serial port ( teraterm) consol.

Those screen shots attached below.

But I'm unable to create SDK USB template in SDK as UART template created.

So, please suggest me how to test USB as like UART tested.

Zynq_Block_System.JPG
UART_IP_INTERGRATED.JPG
sdk application..JPG
output on teraterm console.JPG
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes !

by including the usb files we done.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you.

It's working fine. By including the file in that way we can test USB as well as CAN also same procedure.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos