UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor amolgole
Visitor

Unable to extract TXOUTCLK from axi_ethernet ip

I am using ISE 13.1.

I have instantiated a microblaze with an axi ethernet ip (v2.01a) configured for SGMII. I have attached the MGTCLK_P/_N ports to the ref clk IOB pins. I want to use this 125MHz clock for clocking things in the fpga fabric. This is done routinely as shown as an example in UG336, pg133, figure 3-4 (TXOUTCLK Drives TXUSRCLK2 (1-Byte Mode)). 

In order to do this I copied the axi_ethernet_v2_01_a directory from the install pcores directory to my local project pcores directory. I modified v6_temac_wrap.vhd such that clk125 (=TXOUTCLK after BUFG) is connected the entity port list. I also modified axi_ethernet.vhd to connect the clk125 to its entity port list. I modied the .mpd file to add the clk125 to the port list of the axi_ethernet ip and this worked fine. In EDK I connected this clk125 to an external port so that I could access it outside of the microblaze.

Synthesis seems to work fine. But in Translate I get an warning that the clk125 has no driver and subsequently Map fails. 

Anyone have any ideas?

-Amol

0 Kudos