cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r4space
Visitor
Visitor

Unable to find full path for "arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc"

I've seen many posts about a similar error from back in 2013 but no new information applicable today.

Error is self explanatory, and the reason is simply because arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc isn't installed on my system anywhere. Question is why not and how do I get it installed or is it retired and the #Enclustra demo I'm trying to follow is therefore just too outdated?

Details:

- System: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64bit

- SDK: 2017.4 installed per std Xilinx tool approach

- SDK started as stand alone after sourcing /opt/Xilinx/SDK/2017.4/settings64.sh

- Tutorial: #Enclustra Mars ZX2 PM3 reference design

0 Kudos
4 Replies
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @r4space

I suggest to use arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc instead of arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc.

The meaning of "hf" on "arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc" is that have hardware floating processing unit and its compiler compile source codes with fpu instraction.

Xilinx's Zynq family are consist of ARM Cortex-A9 or ARM Cortex-A53 and ARM Cortex-R5.

These cpus have hardware floating processing unit.

So, I say again. I suggest to use arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc instead of arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
r4space
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks!  That's good to know actually.

Sounds like my problem is with a failing reference design then not a change in Xilinx tool chain.  I'll dig into the make files.

0 Kudos
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @r4space

Could you execute the following command before "source <...>/settings64.sh" ?

$ export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-

Best regards,

0 Kudos
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @r4space

Not sure if you are still working on this issue but you will not find arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc in 2017.4 release.

arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc is the standalone CodeSourcery GCC compiler used for Zynq devices in the early stages. At least since 2017.1 the default toolchain is Linaro (arm-none-eabi-gcc) so the CodeSourcery toolchain was installed just as outdated toolchain. Since 2017.3 it's not even provided as it has been deprecated in the SDK tool.

Use Linaro toolchain (arm-none-eabi-gcc) instead of CodeSourcery one (arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc).

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.