Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrhtech
Voyager
Voyager

Unable to modify BSP integer value in vitis 2020

Hello,

I'm trying to modify the tick rate for FreeRTOS but non of the integer params can be modified.   bools give you a choice as does the uart, but unlike the SDK can can't modify the int params.  Any ideas?

thanks,

jeff

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @jrhtech 

Could you elaborate bit more on this? I mean, do you mean that you are not able to modify integer type values in the BSP configuration menu for FreeRTOS?

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
jrhtech
Voyager
Voyager

Hello,

Yes, that's the problem. If I click on the 'Modify BSP Settings' under my Board Support Package, select freertos10_xilinx and try to modify any of the values that have a type of integer I cannot change the value.  For example, in the xSDK I change the tick_rate to 1000 by clicking on the value column.

Now I had to script a process that generates the BSP then applies a patch to that BSP to get the tick_rate I want.   I patch the FreeRTOSConfig.h in the src directory but if I patch the mss then I can see the modified tick_rate in the menu(but still can't change it).

thanks,

jeff

0 Kudos
stephenm

The FreeRTOSConfig.h is dynamically created when you create the BSP:

https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw/blob/master/ThirdParty/bsp/freertos10_xilinx/data/freertos10_xilinx.tcl#L625

This uses the settings in the MSS file

https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw/blob/master/ThirdParty/bsp/freertos10_xilinx/data/freertos10_xilinx.mld#L51

tick_rate.PNG

Let me guess your OS..... Ubuntu? This is a known issue.

You WA of changing the MSS file should work, even if it is frustrating

0 Kudos
jrhtech
Voyager
Voyager

Yes, Ubuntu 16.
The release notes don't mention this. Is there another place where known issues are tracked?
Also, I just discovered the 'bsp config' command. Since I generate my projects from scripts before I use the GUI then I could use this command to set params instead of patching.

thanks,
jeff
0 Kudos