UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Uncorrected ODT,CSn width of MPMC

My software version is 14.6. I use Virtex 5(xc5vsx50t) to control DDR2 SDRAM(MT47H32M16). I have successfully generate the controller using MIG(from CORE Generator of ISE Design Tools). The controller can successfully run even under the highest clock frequency, that is 266MHz.

After validating the correctness of the hardware, I generate the DDR2 controller using MPMC under EDK. Since I want to choose the using banks, I use the integrated MIG GUI Flow. However, the pin assignment is different from the former one. And I find the reason is that there are more address/controller signals than before. After generating the core, I find several unexpected signals:

ddr2 odt[1], ddr2_ck[1], ddr2_ck_n[1], ddr2_cs_n[1]

Those signals are unexpected when using MT47H32M16 since its "ODT Width", "CSn width", "Clock Width" should be one. I am sure I have choose MT47H32M16 and set the "ODT Width", "CSn width", "Clock Width" to one under the "Memory Interface" tab of MPMC. The strange thing is that under the Ports of XPS, the width of those signals is one. And I find the "C_MEM_ODT_WIDTH","C_MEM_CE_WIDTH","C_MEM_CS_N_WIDTH"is 0 in mpmc.v.

Is this the bug of MPMC? And how to fix it? I appreciate it if you can give any idea.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Uncorrected ODT,CSn width of MPMC

Hi,

I am not much aware of EDK, will see if any Embedded person comments,  but it looks like an issue with the tool.

Can you check the same with coregen MIG flow so that it may give a clue/confirmation ?

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi, thank you for your replay.

As I mentioned before, I can generate the core through coregen MIG flow successfully. And there is no "ddr2 odt[1], ddr2_ck[1], ddr2_ck_n[1], ddr2_cs_n[1]". However, when using MPMC, those signals are generated. More importantly, the pin assignment of UCF is different.

By the way, since I find the "C_MEM_ODT_WIDTH""C_MEM_CS_N_WIDTH" is "1" in the mpmc_v2_1_0.mpd, so even

"C_MEM_ODT_WIDTH","C_MEM_CE_WIDTH","C_MEM_CS_N_WIDTH" is set to 0 in the mpmc.v, it is not important. However those signals shouldn't exist in the UCF.  

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

This seems to be MPMC issue then, I will move it EDK IPs board so that you will get better help.

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos