UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Unexpected error while launching program (synthesys/implementation problem???)

Hi. Very often after recompilation of my project (even without changing PowerPC405 EDK subsystem) I get an errors:

Unexpected error while launching program: ERROR: Elf Verify failed at Address: 0xffffffee.

or

Unable to stop PowerPC processor...

In some cases program starts but than halts and in XMD I get: Unable to stop PowerPC processor

When CPU system is small(only bram with CPU) thats all right, but when it is large (with EMC, MPMC) I get this error very often. Time constraints are meet, but I think error concerned with synthesys/implementation.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Visitor guillermb
Visitor

Re: Unexpected error while launching program (synthesys/implementation problem???)

Hello.

I have the same problem. Have you solved it? I worked with ISE version 10 without problems but now I work with 12.3 version and I have this problem. I use windows 7 (64 bit).

0 Kudos
Newbie jdale13

Re: Unexpected error while launching program (synthesys/implementation problem???)

I too am experiencing this problem with 12.3.  I previously had 11.x version of tools and didnt run across this problem.  Then I updated to 12.3 and w/ the same design, I started seeing the problem. 

0 Kudos
Visitor ttuwnsl05
Visitor

I also meet the same problem. Even my project can be compiled correctly, the problem is unable to be launched at the hardware due to ELF verify failure.

0 Kudos
Visitor ttuwnsl05
Visitor

I am using Xilink EDK 13.1 over windows 7 (64bits).

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

"Elf Verify failed at Address: 0x9000a8fc" after recompilation. Tool Kit: 13.2.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Elf verify usually refers to a memory problem. Once the elf is downloaded to memory, it is read back to verify the contents. If the readback value doesn't match what was written, an elf verify failure will occur.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

The problem was a bad address assignment to one core. It seems blocking the bus and, thus, debugger access to SDRAM.

0 Kudos
Visitor gggaaromn
Visitor

As you described here, what to do to solve this problem?

0 Kudos