cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Update the bitstream, after making changes in the elf file, without re-synthesizing and re-implementing

Hello,

I want to update the generated bitstream after making changes in the .elf file, such that I don't have to go through the synthesis and implementation process again as the only part that's changed in my design is the contents of the memory, and I want to be able to see the changes made in .elf file after programming the FPGA with the new bitstream.

Note that I am not using the MicroBlaze embedded processor.

Thank you,

Vraj.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @vmistry1 ,

you can use updatemem command to merge the bit stream and elf. please check the command below:

updatemem -force --meminfo C:/cases/non_processor_mmi/project_1.runs/impl_1/design_1_wrapper.mmi --data <path to data file>.elf/mem --bit <path to input bit> --proc dummy --out <output bit file>.bit

Best Regards,

Srikanth

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you so much for reaching out.

How do I create the .mmi file and by design_wrapper, do you mean the wrapper for the whole design or just the memory module? I used the "write_mem_info" to do so and I'm getting the following error

2020-08-07 16_09_47-Photos.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @vmistry1 

Nobody confirm your upload file. 

Would you share log message as ex. test format ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

[Common 17-69] Command failed: Failed to create the: /home/<path_to_project>/top.mmi file. You will not be able to use the updatemem program to update the bitstream with new data.

And also this, when I enter write_bmm command

[Memdata 28-96] Could not find a BMM_INFO_DESIGN property in the design. Could not generate the merged BMM file: /home/<path_to_project>/top.bmm

0 Kudos