cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saranshmeh
Adventurer
Adventurer

Urgent - How this warning to be removed?

Hi,

mb-gcc: -llwip130: linker input file unused because linking not done
mb-gcc: -lxilkernel: linker input file unused because linking not done

I am trying to eum echo application using Eval version of TEMAC. While building software project, I am getting these warnings, which finally lead to following warnings like (because libraries were not linked, i suppose) -

/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/appn/main.c:140: undefined reference to `lwip_init'
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/appn/main.c:144: undefined reference to `sys_thread_new'
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1.MTE/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccJwqoYA.o: In function `network_thread':
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/appn/main.c:91: undefined reference to `lwip_init'
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/appn/main.c:109: undefined reference to `xemac_add'
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/appn/main.c:113: undefined reference to `netif_set_default'
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/appn/main.c:116: undefined reference to `netif_set_up'
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/appn/main.c:120: undefined reference to `xemacif_input_thread'
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/appn/main.c:120: undefined reference to `sys_thread_new'
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/appn/main.c:128: undefined reference to `sys_thread_new'

and

/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/microblaze_0/libsrc/xilkernel_v5_00_a/src/src/sys/main.c:109: undefined reference to `hw_init'
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/microblaze_0/libsrc/xilkernel_v5_00_a/src/src/sys/main.c:140: undefined reference to `init_idle_task'
./microblaze_0/lib//libxil.a(pthread.o): In function `pthread_wrapper':
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/microblaze_0/libsrc/xilkernel_v5_00_a/src/src/sys/pthread.c:125: undefined reference to `xmk_enter_kernel'
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/microblaze_0/libsrc/xilkernel_v5_00_a/src/src/sys/pthread.c:127: undefined reference to `xmk_leave_kernel'
./microblaze_0/lib//libxil.a(pthread.o): In function `sys_pthread_create':
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/microblaze_0/libsrc/xilkernel_v5_00_a/src/src/sys/pthread.c:223: undefined reference to `setup_initial_context'
./microblaze_0/lib//libxil.a(sched.o): In function `suspend':
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/microblaze_0/libsrc/xilkernel_v5_00_a/src/src/sys/sched.c:253: undefined reference to `save_context'
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/microblaze_0/libsrc/xilkernel_v5_00_a/src/src/sys/sched.c:256: undefined reference to `restore_context'
./microblaze_0/lib//libxil.a(timer.o): In function `soft_tmr_init':
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/microblaze_0/libsrc/xilkernel_v5_00_a/src/src/sys/timer.c:69: undefined reference to `kernel_ticks'
./microblaze_0/lib//libxil.a(timer.o): In function `sys_xget_clock_ticks':
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/microblaze_0/libsrc/xilkernel_v5_00_a/src/src/sys/timer.c:219: undefined reference to `kernel_ticks'
./microblaze_0/lib//libxil.a(timer.o): In function `sys_time':
/cygdrive/d/LRDE/Ethernet_1G_v1.1/microblaze_0/libsrc/xilkernel_v5_00_a/src/src/sys/timer.c:236: undefined reference to `kernel_ticks'

and due to these, finally the program aborts, with an error.

Can someone please suggest as to where i am missing, or going wrong?

Thanks and Regards

Saransh

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mamisadegh2
Observer
Observer

In

"Software & Platform Settings"

In

"OS & Library settings"

what OS is selected?

I guess it should be xilkernel

Regards

Mohammad Sadegh Sadri

0 Kudos
shuns
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

I think the most likely cause is you haven't linked the libraries. Please ensure you have these 2 switches in your compiler option.

-llwip4 -lxilkernel

Hope it helps.

BR,

-Yan Shun Li

0 Kudos
saranshmeh
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

I had selected xilkernel in OS libraries and settings, and had included "-g -llwip130 -lxilkernel" as my compiler options. As I look at the warnings -

mb-gcc: -llwip130: linker input file unused because linking not done
mb-gcc: -lxilkernel: linker input file unused because linking not done

I feel more like that even after including these libraries and selecting the desired OS, I am not able to link them, due to some other mistake. Can you suggest some other options too, which I might be missing?

P.S - I am using Evaluation license version for Soft core TEMAC on spartan - 6. Downloaded it from xilinx site, providing my MAC id and User id. Hope there is no error or mistake while installing it. IAlso, s there a way to check whether the Eval version is properly functional? And as my knowledge goes, eval version will support simulation and .bit generation for 120 days, this error might not be due to it (if the eval license is properly copied, using manage xilinx license)

Regards,

Saransh

0 Kudos
saranshmeh
Adventurer
Adventurer

Also, whenever I start design with TEMAC, I get this warning. (see screenshot attached)

ethernet_license_new.JPG
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

where can I find the "Software & Platform Settings", in the SDK or EDK ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

SDK is the software development Kit. EDK is for building your hardware. So, the software and platform settings are in the SDK

0 Kudos