UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor petal1
Visitor

Using Custom Pcore in SDK

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a model in system generator containing shared memories.I would like to export this model as a pcore and use it in SDK.First of all,is this possible to implement i.e can i read and write to share memories from SDK if yes how could it be done? 

I have already done the read/write operation in XPS,now i would like to migrate to SDK.

The system.mss file after export to SDK does not show my pcore as an instance.Has anybody implemented something of the same kind.Please help

I  use EDK 12.1 on a spartan 3e starter board.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Using Custom Pcore in SDK

Jump to solution
You need to add a software repository (Tools -> Repositories) where your driver resides.
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
You need to add a software repository (Tools -> Repositories) where your driver resides.
Highlighted
Visitor petal1
Visitor

Jump to solution

A clarification in this regard,I would like to know if only the Create or Import peripheral wizard generated IP can be exported to SDK or even the simple system generator Pcore? I am trying to import a large design from system generator (containing shared memories) as a pcore to the EDK so want to make sure if I am on the right track.

By drivers did you mean the folder containing the custom pcore?

0 Kudos
Visitor petal1
Visitor

Jump to solution

I could access the shared memory and get my system running in SDK.Thank you :) 

But one hurdle I faced was that the config table for my pcore say for example ABC_PLBW_ConfigTable was not defined duirng the run.

What I had to do was to import the libxil.a file from the working system(i.e microblaze_0\lib) in XPS.Is there any way I can get this in my SDK? Please suggest

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Please share what you did to get this working. I added a repository, but it still does not work. I cannot select the driver in the BSB settings in SDK.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Did you check the AR below:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/35443.htm

@thirdeye wrote:

Please share what you did to get this working. I added a repository, but it still does not work. I cannot select the driver in the BSB settings in SDK.

Cheers,
Jim
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Jim,

Great, thank you. I ended up adding the EDK directory itself as a repository and the pcore drivers popped right up.

I may actually move it to being a local project repository so all the source files are contained in the SDK project besides global Xilinx libraries in the BSB. It is annoying having an absolute path when using the EDK directory as a repository and having the driver source files in the SDK source folder will get around that and they can be modified along with revisions to the project to keep dependent things together.

Thank you,

Josh

0 Kudos