UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Using RFDC driver in C++ application

I would like to develop a C++ app and use the RFDC driver which is a .so library compiled in c. Could you please show me the right way to accomplish this in the SDK?

This is what I have done so far:

1. follow the guide Linux App RFDC in xilinx wiki, I have the driver working with a simple C program.

2. Instead of C app, I created a new simple C++ linux app, with the right sysroot path and libraries: metal, m, rfdc like I have in C.

3. Made sure that the xdfc.h and the rest of the RFDC .h files have the extern __cpluplus symbol defined and eclipse has it by default.

4. I tried using language mapping following some tips found  here in xilinx forums.

5. I tried not using the .so library but importing all the RFDC files into the project but doing this it gets me a lot of errors (as expected). I thought that I can fix them for the RDFC driver but now I am getting errors from metal/io.h so bad luck as this seems a never ending task. I think there should be somthing I can do in SDK eclipse, apart from the language mapping, to make it work in C++ without fixing C-C++ errors.

6. The application returns failed after calling XRFdc_DynamicPLLConfig.

Thanks for helping.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Using RFDC driver in C++ application

I finally managed to make it work.

My final goal was using C-compiled code (RFDC drivers for the ZCU111 board) and add the functionality like c++ vectors along with some other c++ cool stuff like boost  libraries.

First of all, because I am using RFDC drivers compiled in C, I decided to use C in XSDK and invoking C++ .hpp and cpp code within my main program like “cpp_header.hpp”. This header is language mapped with C++ in source file properties, like it is explained in this forum.  However, because I am using C language I had  to do few things:

1. For the header .hpp, wrap my c++ functions prototypes in #ifdef extern C { etc., etc. I did not use any C++ libraries here.
  2. In the .cpp file I add the c++ libraries and define my c++ functions.
  3. Define in path and symbols file properties the symbol __cplusplus with any value, it can be 1.
  4. You need to set your toolchain in toolchain editor for the cpp file using ARM V8 linux g++ compiler. First, I tried gcc compiler but it gave me linker errors, in stackoverflow they suggested use the g++ as it has more functionality when linking libraries automatically so also…
  5. In the PROJECT properties, not the file, go to settings linker command, and change gcc for g++.

Hopefully, this will help you to use in XSDK the ability to wrap c++ code using C compiler for the whole project and for those c++ files the g++ compiler.

0 Kudos