UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TEMAC core as custom IP with PLB in microblaze

Hi,

I have generated TEMAC core in ISE, wrote some VHDL code for sending constant packets. I have added this temac core along with vhdl code as a custom IP to my processor and connected it through PLB. I am trying to write data on the base address assigned to custom IP but it is not getting written what could be the problem?

I am using ISE 11.1

Please help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Using TEMAC core as custom IP with PLB in microblaze

How do you know it's not getting written? Also - have you tested/simulated your temac core and logic outside of EDK? And have you considered using xps_ll_temac present in EDK instead of "custom" one?

0 Kudos

When we debug on hardware we can check memory map for respective core. When I read the base address for respective core it shows me the value, but when I write something at that address nothing is getting updated in memory map. (I have tried this method for bram controller.)

the temac core I am trying to implement as custom core is tested standalone in ISE and working fine with RX TX shorted from outside. I am using an array of constants in VHDL for data packet, so there is nothinh I have to do right now. Simmilar code is working as custom core also, its transmitting that constant packet and receiving it back. But now I have to replace that constant packet with data coming from microblaze, which I ma unable to do.

I am trying to implement xps_ll_temac also but then I dont have any example c code to know how it is to be handled, it all will be from scratch :( 

0 Kudos

I suggest that you do some simulation, either a bfm simulation or a normal behavioural simulation. I suspect tjhat your issue will be on your bus interfaces not parsing the data correctly. However, without some debugging this is hard to tell

0 Kudos

Yes, thanks

0 Kudos