UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor lonterus
Visitor

Using the xps_timer to measure elapsed time in a process.

Hi all,

I'm new to using the EDK and XPS so I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to measure the elapse time of a process on an IP core from a microBlaze. Ideally; I send the IP core some data and want to find the length of time that it takes to come back from it, i.e. store polled data from the timer then subtract the new time from the stored time upon completion, while the microBlaze goes off and does other things.

I've been surfing both these forums and the web and all I can come up with is that the xps_time supposedly has some ability to do this. Only what i can find in the driver description for the xps_time states that it has to be interrupt driven, or input enable based.

Is there a third way that i missed or have i completely lost the plot? And if so could people give suggestions on where i should be looking.

Thanks,

Lonterus

0 Kudos