cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enslaved46
Visitor
Visitor

Verify the content written by data2mem

How do I verity the data2mem did what it was supposed to do ? I mean it is replacing/merging the contents of a BRAM from .elf  to a generated .bit file pointed to an addresses by .bmm file. 

Command Executed :
data2mem -bm $bmm_file -bt $bit_file -bd $elf_file tag $my_tag -o b $merged_binary

Question : How to check that if the application image has been merged with generated bitstream at the defined address without errors ? Also, what would be the addresses I should be looking at for the instruction / data set ?  

NOTE:
data2mem -bd $my_elf.elf -d
This command didn't dump anything

So elf is converted to mem file
data2mem -bm $bmm_file -bd $my_elf.elf -d -o m $memFile

this .mem file is compared with .bit to see if I can see the content of .mem is present on .bit file

data2mem -i -bm $bmm_file -bt $bit_file -d
Dumping the contents of .bit file and ignoring the contents outside the BLOCK RAM MEM

0 Kudos
3 Replies
stephenm

0 Kudos
enslaved46
Visitor
Visitor

@stephenm Sorry, I didn't list on my question. Yes, I used that switch to dump the hex content. For some reason those dumped hex of a bitstream doesn't match a bit with the .elf file when merged together. 

I dumped the .elf & .bit file after merging . On the BRAM data it shows me the number of words used  as well as the data content . However,  written data on the BRAM is all 0's except few HEX  and this data doesn't match with .elf HEX content.

NOTE:
data2mem -bd $my_elf.elf -d
This command didn't dump anything

So converted the contents of .elf file to .mem file.
data2mem -bm $bmm_file -bd $my_elf.elf -d -o m $memFile

this .mem file is compared with .bit

data2mem -i -bm $bmm_file -bt $bit_file -d
Dumping the contents of .bit file and ignoring the contents outside the BLOCK RAM MEM

0 Kudos
stephenm

Yes, this is expected. Only the bram specified in bmm file will be dumped

0 Kudos