Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guy.berger
Observer
Observer

Vitis - Custom plugin

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to load a custom plugin for eclipse to Vitis 2019.2.

The plugin was created by Xilinx SDK 2015.4 for eclipse, and is loaded by copying the .jar file to the plugins folder of eclipse as detailed here: https://www.codeproject.com/Tips/893547/How-to-Create-Your-Own-Eclipse-IDE-Plug-in

The plugin is working fine in Xilinx SDK 2015.4 and in eclipse Photon (which is the eclipse version used in Vitis 2019.2 as far s I know),

however, when copying the plugin file to C:\Xilinx\Vitis\2019.2\eclipse\win64.o\plugins\ it doesn't appear when Vitis Loads.

Any help is welcome

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

as far as I know, there is no support ofr plug-in in Vitis

View solution in original post

4 Replies
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

as far as I know, there is no support ofr plug-in in Vitis

View solution in original post

guy.berger
Observer
Observer
I've accepted as solution but this is a big drawback for us.
We've worked with a custom plugin in SDK for a long time and it is a part of our workflow.
Are plugins going to be supported in future versions of Vitis? (close future)
Or is there a way around it?
Thanks for the answer.
0 Kudos
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

By plugin, I assume you mean user extensions to the Eclipse GUI? We don’t currently intend to support that, but since Vitis is a set of command line tools users can use Eclipse CDT or some other IDE (or command line flow) should they choose to.

0 Kudos
j1ingers
Observer
Observer

I can understand the reluctance to allow the user to modify the install and potentially break the Vitis environment but this short "not gonna do it" plan is a real hinderance.  If Xilinx' official recommendation is to use a standard Eclipse CDT, then I would expect you to point us to a Wiki that shows this tie in.  Are the compilers the same?  Are there special flags that have to be set?  Do I need to make the BSP in Vitis and then open it in the other environment?

This forum post is really lacking.

0 Kudos