Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Vitis build error

Hello,

I'm new to Vitis 2020.1 and I'm attempting to create a platform project using an .xsa file exported from Vivado 2020.1. This .xsa file is created starting from an old Vivado 2018 project.

Every time I try to build the platform project in Vitis, the following errors show up:

amilani_0-1605783321302.png

Any suggestion on how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @amilani 

Can you attach the <Vitis_Workspace>/<application>/Debug/<application>_Debug.build.ui.log? This will allow the community to help better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @marcb,

here it is, I hope it's the right one

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @amilani 

Do you mean that the XSA was created with Vivado 2018 release? Mixing release between Vitis and SDK/Vitis is not a supported use case.

Anyway taking a look to the log file, it seems there is an issue building the driver code for MonitorController_v1_0 IP, which seems to be a custom IP, is that right?

arm-none-eabi-ar: *.o: Invalid argument

It seems for me that something might be wrong in the Makefile.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @ibaie,

the XSA is created in Vivado 2020.1 release, modifying an old project that was created on Vivado 2018.3.

Yes, the MonitorController_v1_0 is a custom IP.

There's a way to modify the Makefile in order to remove this error or some documentation to look for?

Regards.

0 Kudos