UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Vivado 2016.4 not automatically creating .mmi file

Jump to solution

I am attempting to migrate a Vivado project from 2015.2 to 2016.4. After finally getting the project to build, I export hardware (including bitstream) and open SDK. From SDK (and from the .sdk directory), I can see that there is no .mmi file. Previously, in 2015.2, this file was being created automatically. Is there an option for this? What is missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Vivado 2016.4 not automatically creating .mmi file

Jump to solution

This issue has been resolved. I tracked the problem down to the LMB BRAM Controller IP in the Microblaze local memory sub-block of my block diagram. The LMB BRAM High Address didn't automatically update after changing the address range in the address editor. 

To fix this, I changed the address range back and forth, disconnected/reconnected some nets in the local memory sub-block and eventually the address field updated. After rebuilding and exporting hardware, SDK now makes the .mmi file.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

More info:

-After doing File->Export->Export Hardware from Vivado, a .sdk directory is created within project directory. The .sdk directory now has toplevel.hdf and nothing else.

-After doing File->Launch SDK from Vivado, the .sdk directory looks like this:

.metadata/ (contents not shown here for brevity)

RemoteSystemsTempFiles/

.project

toplevel_hw_platform_0/

.project

system.hdf

toplevel.bit

SDK.log

toplevel.hdf

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

This issue has been resolved. I tracked the problem down to the LMB BRAM Controller IP in the Microblaze local memory sub-block of my block diagram. The LMB BRAM High Address didn't automatically update after changing the address range in the address editor. 

To fix this, I changed the address range back and forth, disconnected/reconnected some nets in the local memory sub-block and eventually the address field updated. After rebuilding and exporting hardware, SDK now makes the .mmi file.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

And, apparently, Validate Design would have fixed this.

0 Kudos