Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Vivado 2016.4 not automatically creating .mmi file

Jump to solution

I am attempting to migrate a Vivado project from 2015.2 to 2016.4. After finally getting the project to build, I export hardware (including bitstream) and open SDK. From SDK (and from the .sdk directory), I can see that there is no .mmi file. Previously, in 2015.2, this file was being created automatically. Is there an option for this? What is missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

This issue has been resolved. I tracked the problem down to the LMB BRAM Controller IP in the Microblaze local memory sub-block of my block diagram. The LMB BRAM High Address didn't automatically update after changing the address range in the address editor. 

To fix this, I changed the address range back and forth, disconnected/reconnected some nets in the local memory sub-block and eventually the address field updated. After rebuilding and exporting hardware, SDK now makes the .mmi file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

More info:

-After doing File->Export->Export Hardware from Vivado, a .sdk directory is created within project directory. The .sdk directory now has toplevel.hdf and nothing else.

-After doing File->Launch SDK from Vivado, the .sdk directory looks like this:

.metadata/ (contents not shown here for brevity)

RemoteSystemsTempFiles/

.project

toplevel_hw_platform_0/

.project

system.hdf

toplevel.bit

SDK.log

toplevel.hdf

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

This issue has been resolved. I tracked the problem down to the LMB BRAM Controller IP in the Microblaze local memory sub-block of my block diagram. The LMB BRAM High Address didn't automatically update after changing the address range in the address editor. 

To fix this, I changed the address range back and forth, disconnected/reconnected some nets in the local memory sub-block and eventually the address field updated. After rebuilding and exporting hardware, SDK now makes the .mmi file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

And, apparently, Validate Design would have fixed this.

0 Kudos