Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdefields
Explorer
Explorer

Vivado 2017.1 / 2017.2: PCIe configuration

Jump to solution

Can someone screenshot (or point to a vivado developers guide) how PCIe should be configured in Vivado for a zynqmp?  ZCU102 example would be fine.

I'd like to know what the base settings for PCIe as a 'Root Port' should be.  Default class code is showing up as 0x058000 which is definitely wrong (I believe it should be 0x060400).  And even changing that, I get further but am still having issues during Linux

Thanks,

Justin D.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jdefields
Explorer
Explorer
@hbucher, I've seen that one already, but thanks for assisting. That guide doesn't list Bar0 setup, but I think we have it setup already correctly (at least for our current needs)

I actually resolved our specific issue. HW engineer had inverted polarity buffer going to PEX PCIe switch. I inverted the MIO reset line going to the switch to compensate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
hbucher
Scholar
Scholar

@jdefields Here

https://www.xilinx.com/video/hardware/create-pci-express-design-ultrascale-fpga.html

Hope this helps.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
jdefields
Explorer
Explorer

@hbucher, That's for a soft PCIE core for the PL. 

Zynqmp has a hard PCIE core in the PS section.  I'm looking for the configuration for that.

Thanks,

Justin D.

0 Kudos
hbucher
Scholar
Scholar

@jdefields

Perhaps this should help

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1289-dma-pcie.pdf

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
jdefields
Explorer
Explorer
@hbucher, I've seen that one already, but thanks for assisting. That guide doesn't list Bar0 setup, but I think we have it setup already correctly (at least for our current needs)

I actually resolved our specific issue. HW engineer had inverted polarity buffer going to PEX PCIe switch. I inverted the MIO reset line going to the switch to compensate.

View solution in original post