cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svenssonjoel
Contributor
Contributor

Vivado 2020 Vitis-IDE does not "see" that I have changed and re-exported my hardware.

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I am used to a popup window from the embedded software IDE when I make changes to the Hardware. It used to say something with a meaning similar to "Hey, noticed you changed the hardware, want to update?"

Now, in Vitis-IDE nothing seems to happen when i re-export hardware from Vivado to replace the old one. Creating a new project in Vitis and creating a new platform from XSA   of course sees that there is new hardware. 

So. When I generate a new bitfile in Vivado and I export it, How come that new bitfile is not programmed onto the FPGA the next time I debug my app in Vitis?

Thanks and have a good day.

/Joel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
florentw

HI @svenssonjoel 

In vitis this is a bit different from SDK as you create a platform which is supposed to be the final state of the vivado project. You need to manually update the hardware spacification:

vitis.jpg

I know the pop-up was useful but for the moment, it hasn't been done in Vitis

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

1 Reply
florentw

HI @svenssonjoel 

In vitis this is a bit different from SDK as you create a platform which is supposed to be the final state of the vivado project. You need to manually update the hardware spacification:

vitis.jpg

I know the pop-up was useful but for the moment, it hasn't been done in Vitis

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post