cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jperrin6
Observer
Observer

Vivado IPI "You have entered invalid information" when configuring 'Ports and Interfaces'

I have a signal that relies on a custom vhdl function 'ceilLog2' that I am using on the top level of an IP. The IPI does not know how to parse this for the 'Size Right Dependency'. According to the documentation I should be able to use XPATH functions and there is an example for this exact situation. However, when I enter the XPATH version of my ceilLog2 function I get an error window with "You have entered invalid information".

It doesn't matter what I put in for the 'Right size:' box I get the error message. I can put ceiling(log(2,GENERIC))-1, a literal 0, or any other literal and I get the error.

Using Vivado 2017.1.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
thakurr

Hi @jperrin6

Can you please share a test case for this? Ceiling function is the supported Xpath function, not sure whether you are using it in the hdl or the ip packager.

>>I have a signal that relies on a custom vhdl function 'ceilLog2' that I am using on the top level of an IP.

Is the signal dependent on any parameter which is used in the Xpath function?

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
jperrin6
Observer
Observer

I have zipped and attached some pictures.

The top level port 'front_ram_addr' is defined as: front_ram_addr              : in std_logic_vector(ADDR_WIDTH-1 downto ceilLog2(DATA_WIDTH/8));

I am using the XPATH functions in the IP packager in the 'Edit Port' menu after double clicking on my signal in the 'Ports and Interfaces' tab of the 'Packaging Steps'.

The signal is dependent on two genereics, ADDR_WIDTH and DATA_WIDTH. However, even hardcoding the left and right size to literal values, like 31 and 0 respectively, I still get the error message. All of the EditPort*.PNG files show contents in the Edit Port that will result in an error message.

Joe

0 Kudos
jbade
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

I get the same error message when I try to input an "Port Presense".

But this is not the problem.

Every time you edit a port and press the OK button you will get the error message

WHEN the "Driver value" field is empty!

If you write a value into the "Driver value" field no error occurs.

This is still a bug of Vivado 2017.1

Joerg

0 Kudos
jeffreyjelly
Visitor
Visitor

Wanted to also confirm this bug/issue. Can't seem to hit "ok" without getting the invalid info prompt when I've got the radio button for optional selected.

To replicate the scenario I've got custom IP with custom slave AXI Streaming code (along with AXI clk and rst) and 6 outputs. I can't manage to get any of the outputs to be set to optional.

Seeing it in this version:

Vivado v2018.1 (64-bit)
SW Build: 2188600 on Wed Apr 4 18:40:38 MDT 2018
IP Build: 2185939 on Wed Apr 4 20:55:05 MDT 2018

Never mind figured out my problem... needed a dependency case. Whoops!

0 Kudos