UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant leoeltipo
Participant

Vivado SDK Git source files only

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to integrate Git version control in my FPGA projects. I already managed to create the minimum set of files that allow me to build the Vivado project. From there, I can implement the design and create the hardware definition. Finally, I can launch the SDK to have a working complete environment. 

Now what I want to do is simple. Add source files (.h and .c) into a new clean SDK application project. I do not want to commit any platform related file, only .h and .c. I have a git remote repository I can clone with the .h and .c files. All I want is to use these files to build my application. The unique option I found is importing the files, but that will copy the files locally and any changes won't be detected as they will be on a different location from the original git repository. 

Is this (simple) thing possible at all? Again, I do not want to version control the whole project, only source files. 

Thank you in advance,

Leo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Vivado SDK Git source files only

Jump to solution

Hi @leoeltipo

You can use the import menu and use the advanced tab to select "Create links in workspace", that would give just link the file without copying it into the workspace.

image.png

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Vivado SDK Git source files only

Jump to solution

Hi @leoeltipo

You can use the import menu and use the advanced tab to select "Create links in workspace", that would give just link the file without copying it into the workspace.

image.png

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos