UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant jimfred
Participant

Vivado SDK, how to automatically save files when starting a Debug or Run?

In the Eclipse/SDK IDE, is there a way to automatically save files and build when starting a debug session?

We're accustomed to other IDEs like Visual Studio, Atmel Studio etc that automatically does a save&build or warn that the source doesn't match the image. I found menu Windows/Preferences/RunDebug/Launching with an option to Allways save dirty editors before launching, but this option seemed to have no effect - dirty editors don't get saved before launching the debugger.

2 Replies

Re: Vivado SDK, how to automatically save files when starting a Debug or Run?

There is no automatic save in SDK as such. Usually its a Ctrl-S.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor zymq
Visitor

Re: Vivado SDK, how to automatically save files when starting a Debug or Run?

Every IDE I have ever used allows for one to save automatically upon building?

Why would you not implement this feature? This post was six years ago.

If I modify five source files, I have to go back and ctrlS each and every one?

0 Kudos