cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

When I build a project in EDK, some problems !

Hello to all ! 

First I build a project "TestApp_Memory" using BSB, after that I remove the file "TestApp_Memory.c", and add my own "*.c" file in the project "TestApp_Memory". When i want to build it ,these messages below occur!

/cygdrive/d/EDK/gnu/microblaze/nt/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.1/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld.real: region ilmb_cntlr_dlmb_cntlr is full (TestApp_Memory/executable.elf section .stack)

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [TestApp_Memory/executable.elf] Error 1

Who can explain it to me? I am very appreciate for that!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: When I build a project in EDK, some problems !

Hi,

Try to regenerate the linker script tab: Software / Generate Linker Script.

Try also to increase your stack and heap sections (specially if you have a lot of function calls inside your software with a lots of variables).

But basically your error tells that there is no space in .stack region of your elf file.

Regenerating or adjusting by hand that region should help.

However if that will not help then try to compare available memory in your system with size of your software.

Goto tab: Project /  Launch EDK Shell
Type: powerpc-eabi-size TestApp_Memory/executable.elf

In column dec you will see how big is your elf file.

Now check if that size is not bigger than memory available.

If yes then move your software to other kind of memory (SDRAM or DDRAMs) or try to increase the size of your current memory in System Assembly View / Addresses.

Greetings, Mariusz 

Message Edited by mariuszgrad on 07-29-2008 02:19 AM
--
Mariusz Grad.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

i had also same problem, but thanks to marius

i have solved it with changing the stack and heap sizes (both of them) from 0x400 to 0x200 in the linker script file by hand

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks trasnochador,

Ran into the same problem, using 13.1 tools. I kept getting stack size is full error. Tried making it bigger but got it working when I made it smaller via linker file just like you did. I guess I am getting close to the celling of my code size. I hope Xilinx could make a change so SDK gives correct messages.

0 Kudos