cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

When I convert a True Dual Port BRAM to a Single Port BRAM and seperate out the Instruction and Data Bus why does it not work?

Hi,

I am using a standard Automated diagram of Micro blaze where the instruction bus and data bus are pointed to the same BRAM via a True Dual Port configuration and the design works.

But, when i seperate out the BRAM into distinct ones, with Single port BRAM, the design does not work.

I am using the Hello World program to test out my design and to explain what is happening here is the two configurations.

joined.pngseperate.png

Here is an image of the address configuration, it is the same for both the designs.

address.png

Can you please tell me what is going wrong in the design where the BRAMs are separated?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hi @dev2293 

I do not see anything inherently wrong with the connectivity. If you compare the Vivado synthesis and implementation logs, is there any noticeable difference or indication of a problem?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos