UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer scy86dev
Observer

Where are the peripheral registers (e.g. UART) in the SDK debug perspective??

Jump to solution

Host System Running SDK: Centos7
Target Board: MicroZed Zynq7010

I'm debugging my application in the debug perspective. When I click on the "Registers" view I cannot see anything related to the UART peripheral. Where are these registers? Do I have to add them some way and if so please be specific in your reply. Thanks ~ S

Attached is an image of what I'm seeing...

regs.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Where are the peripheral registers (e.g. UART) in the SDK debug perspective??

Jump to solution

Hi @scy86dev,

You can view these registers when you select the APU target from the debug perspective. Selecting a processor core will show only its internal registers, and not the IP registers

4 Replies
Observer scy86dev
Observer

Re: Where are the peripheral registers (e.g. UART) in the SDK debug perspective??

Jump to solution

[UPDATE]

Apparently there's a feature in the debug perspective called "Memory Monitor" (Window->Show View->Memory). Here I can enter the base address of the peripheral plus the offset address of the register I want and bam...there's your register view.

memmon.png

However, it would be nice if there's a xilinx rep on here that would perhaps shed some clarification regarding my original question. Typically in my past experience with the debugger perspective of any IDE you can expand a peripheral in the registers view which has all it's registers neatly organized. Is this still possible or must I resort to the "memory monitor" feature?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @scy86dev,

You can view these registers when you select the APU target from the debug perspective. Selecting a processor core will show only its internal registers, and not the IP registers

Observer scy86dev
Observer

Jump to solution

@sadanan~

Could you be more specific on where I go to select the APU target? Are you referring to what I have selected in blue below because there's nothing that says uart? If you would be so kind to be more verbose in your reply it would be much appreciated.
apu.png

0 Kudos
Observer scy86dev
Observer

Jump to solution

Disregard @sadanan ~ I'm an idiot. I see what you're referring to now. It wasn't obvious at first but now it is. Thanks dude!

answer.png

0 Kudos