cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Where are the peripheral registers (e.g. UART) in the SDK debug perspective??

Jump to solution

Host System Running SDK: Centos7
Target Board: MicroZed Zynq7010

I'm debugging my application in the debug perspective. When I click on the "Registers" view I cannot see anything related to the UART peripheral. Where are these registers? Do I have to add them some way and if so please be specific in your reply. Thanks ~ S

Attached is an image of what I'm seeing...

regs.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @scy86dev,

You can view these registers when you select the APU target from the debug perspective. Selecting a processor core will show only its internal registers, and not the IP registers

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

[UPDATE]

Apparently there's a feature in the debug perspective called "Memory Monitor" (Window->Show View->Memory). Here I can enter the base address of the peripheral plus the offset address of the register I want and bam...there's your register view.

memmon.png

However, it would be nice if there's a xilinx rep on here that would perhaps shed some clarification regarding my original question. Typically in my past experience with the debugger perspective of any IDE you can expand a peripheral in the registers view which has all it's registers neatly organized. Is this still possible or must I resort to the "memory monitor" feature?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @scy86dev,

You can view these registers when you select the APU target from the debug perspective. Selecting a processor core will show only its internal registers, and not the IP registers

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

@sadanan~

Could you be more specific on where I go to select the APU target? Are you referring to what I have selected in blue below because there's nothing that says uart? If you would be so kind to be more verbose in your reply it would be much appreciated.
apu.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Disregard @sadanan ~ I'm an idiot. I see what you're referring to now. It wasn't obvious at first but now it is. Thanks dude!

answer.png

0 Kudos