cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Windows hardware development with Petalinux SDK for Zynq

I'm not sure if this forum or the Zynq forum is the best place for this, so I'll try it here.

We are using a Zynq with Petalinux for ARM. For various reasons, we want to do the logic/hardware development on Windows and the software (using Petalinux) on a Linux host. The problem we are having is how to incorporate changes in the hardware platform (e.g., new peripherals) to the Petalinux BSP (e.g., new drivers or changed memory maps).

We have been able to build the hardware platform on Windows using ISE (14.6), but it doesn't appear that there is any Petalinux support on Windows.

We have been able to build the linux kernel, RFS and u-boot on Linux using the Petalinux SDK. But the BSP was from a reference design and does not reflect the changes we made to our hardware platform. That is the step we are missing -- how do you do that?

The manuals/tutorials all seem to either assume that everything is done on the same host, or they skip the Petalinux BSP update for hardware changes completely.

Rather than reporting all the paths I've tried and how they failed, I will ask for guidance as to how this should be done.

Thanks,

Lance

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Windows hardware development with Petalinux SDK for Zynq

Hi , 

I think in this , you are looking for an option to update the hardware changes.

Have you tried using the petalinux-config  to source the xml file exported with the hardware changes

petalinux_config.JPG

Regards,

Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Achutha,

I have not tried that. I will try it next. Can you tell me where the excerpt you gave came from?

Thanks,

Lance

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Achutha,

My petalinux installation has not petalinux-config. It has petalinux-config-kernel and petalinux-config-apps. These both return "TBD" when help is requested. I am using v2013.04.

Thanks,
Lance
0 Kudos
Highlighted

We are interested in the windows version of Petalinux also.  Evaluating a cygwin approach currently - but sure nice if there was something native.  -Bart

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Do you really mean that PetaLinux has escaped any case-sensitive files and links that are not supported in Windows file systems? How do you checkout the linux code into Windows file system?

0 Kudos