Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckyrkou
Contributor
Contributor

Writing custom software in Platform Studio SDK for beginners

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to create my own piece of software to use in an EDK project. From some examples that I found there there are specific functions used to interact with each peripheral. However, the functions in the examples are limited and do not do provide an explanation on how to use them.

Is there a manual or tutorial that I can look at that lists the functions for each peripheral and provides explanation on how to use them? Also is there a specific manner in which I should program or is it the same as in traditional C?

For example I have added a DDR2 core in my design and I would like to know the functions that i must use to read and write from the DDR. 

I have looked at the EDK and SDk manuals and they do not provide any information on on how to write custom software

I only managed to find samples codes from reference designs, however, I am looking for something simpler for beginners, as I have limited experience with programming for embedded systems.

Thanks,

Chris 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prateek_bhatt
Scholar
Scholar

Hello.

Taking an example of DDR only you go to System Assembly View tab and right click on DDR module.

Go to the Drivers section.

In that go to the View API Documentation and click it.

A new window will open. In that go for File List tab.

Under this tab you will find all the associated functions and their descriptions.

Similar will be the case with every module if you want to view its associated functions.

By the way we generally use the API of processor for reading and writing to DDR.

Perform the similar steps on microblaze processor in the  System Assembly View tab.

XIo_In32() and XIo_Out32(). 

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
prateek_bhatt
Scholar
Scholar

Hello.

Taking an example of DDR only you go to System Assembly View tab and right click on DDR module.

Go to the Drivers section.

In that go to the View API Documentation and click it.

A new window will open. In that go for File List tab.

Under this tab you will find all the associated functions and their descriptions.

Similar will be the case with every module if you want to view its associated functions.

By the way we generally use the API of processor for reading and writing to DDR.

Perform the similar steps on microblaze processor in the  System Assembly View tab.

XIo_In32() and XIo_Out32(). 

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.

View solution in original post

esspweb

Well my friend have the best command on it and ill recommend him to come on that forum. But may be he could charge something.

0 Kudos
antonioaugusto
Visitor
Visitor
Hello! On XPS 14.4 there's no such option on the System Assembly View, when right clicking on any module. Where can I get this info ?
Thanks!
0 Kudos