cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Wrong figure in Data2MEM user guide or Xilinx Answer 46945?

Jump to solution

In chapter 2 of the Data2MEM user guide (page 13) it says 

The following figure shows the range of files, and their input and output relationship to Data2MEM

But the figure shows Data2BRAM, not Data2MEM

I notice that this same figure appears in Xilinx Answer 46945 Data2MEM Usage and debugging guide but in that document (page 1) it shows Data2MEM, not Data2BRAM

Which figure is correct?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @greenwd,

I think that the correct figure is the one in the AR#46945 as in AR#14654 found another picture of Data2BRAM which takes bit more sense. There is no almost documentation of Data2BRAM but seems that it was an older version of the same tool.

Nevertheless Data2Mem is already "deprecated" by updatemem tool so I would suggest you to use it you don't have any other constraint to use it.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Hi @greenwd,

I think that the correct figure is the one in the AR#46945 as in AR#14654 found another picture of Data2BRAM which takes bit more sense. There is no almost documentation of Data2BRAM but seems that it was an older version of the same tool.

Nevertheless Data2Mem is already "deprecated" by updatemem tool so I would suggest you to use it you don't have any other constraint to use it.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos