cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

XMD and Global Peripheral repository

I'm using 10.1 SP 3 and have run into an issue using XMD and a global peripheral repository.

Specifically xmd fails to find the MPD files for the peripherals located in the global peripheral

repository. This is despite the fact that XMD is being called with a proper -lp option that tells it about the global peripheral repository. This error seems very similar to AR #31238 although that bug was supposed to be fixed in SP3.

Was that bug just not fixed? Or is something else going on?

For reference the error messages are:

ERROR:MDT - IPNAME:xps_ac97 HW_VER:2.00.a - Can not find MPD for the core
INTERNAL_ERROR:MDT:MdtHardware_HwRTUpdateData.c:1724:1.97.6.107.4.8 - Can not
create derived object
ERROR:MDT - Failed Loading Project, Check if MHS/MSS files are correct
(Errors occurred while creating Hardware System)
ERROR:MDT - Failed to load XMP FileERROR:MDT -

-- Error in XMD Initialization. Type "exit" to Quit XMD

Yes, I do have a core named xps_ac97, which I ported from opb_ac97 to use PLBv46, the xps_ prefix was used just for consistency with the other PLBv46 cores.

The command line used to launch XMD is start xbash -noblock -q -c "cd /cygdrive/c/board/testproject/; xmd -xmp system.xmp -opt etc/xmd_ppc405_0.opt -lp /cygdrive/c/board/lib; exit;"

I would have reported this via the WebCase support system, except that I am a student, and therefore cannot have a webcase account. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I have exactly the same error and I have the 10.1 with the SP3 installed ...

Maybe the problem is in the directory path ...

I have the repository in "C:/edk_user_repository"  and EDK is installed in "C:/Xilinx/10.1/EDK" ...

I want try to move the repository in "C:/Xilinx/10.1/edk_user_repository" but not now.

0 Kudos