UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie pbaltz

XPS core config clock generator set M and D values

I'm using XPS version 14.7 to implment a microblaze desing on a Spartan 6 xc6slx45.

Using a 10MHz input clock, I need to generate a 4.096MHz clock for a timer.  Using the Spartan 6 DCM, I can't achieve exactly the required frequency but according to the Spartan-6 FPGA Clocking Resources User Guide both the DCM_SP and DCM_CLKGEN support M values of 22 and D values of 9.  These values would achieve an output clock of 4.090909090 MHz which is the nearest to 4.096MHz possible.

However, XPS core config doesn't allow me to specify M and D values directly, only an integer Required Frequency.  If I use 4090909 as the target then I get an error during sysnthesis that the requrested frequency is not avaialble.

I know I can get 4.09090 MHz if I can set the values of M and D, but don't see how that is possible.

How can I configure glock generator DCM M and D values in XPS?

Thanks,

-phil

0 Kudos