UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

XPS does not launch external PDF viewer

Jump to solution

After installing the latest Xilinx Platform Studio, if I rmb on a IP block and select 'show PDF', nothing happens.

I am using Gentoo Linux and on a SuSE Linux computer next to mine it works fine.

I know I could search and view the PDF files manually from the Xilinx directory but I'd rather 'fix' XPS instead. So how does XPS try to launch the PDF?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: XPS does not launch external PDF viewer

Jump to solution

Hi,

I knew of a known issue which is mentioned here.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/31279.htm

Check if this is applicable to you.

Thnx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

I knew of a known issue which is mentioned here.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/31279.htm

Check if this is applicable to you.

Thnx

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I have not installed acroread but XPS never showed me an error when it couldn't find the executable.

In case others run into something similar, I'll post my 'fix' as well.

I prefer 'okular' from KDE 4 over acroread so I added a file called 'acroread' to '/usr/bin' and inserted the following:

#!/bin/bash
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=""
/usr/bin/okular $1 $2 $3 $4 $5

0 Kudos
Newbie noodle758

Jump to solution

thx for the solution here. I met the same problem and worked on it for couple of days.Before reading this post ,I think it is not possiable to launch my c# pdf viewer.  Everything is OK now.

0 Kudos
Newbie abigail111

Jump to solution

HI THERE

I have tried your pdf viewer in xps, and i still can not launch it.What's wrong with it?

Should i change a pdf viewer?Or is there any other suggetion?Any suggestion will be

highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Visitor arronlee
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi, noodle758.

I am also testing about the related PDF viewing projects these days. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

If you use a script to launch another program, do not forget to make it executable by running 'chmod +x' (assuming you use linux)

0 Kudos