UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar helmutforren
Scholar

XPS export to SDK seems to not be working

Jump to solution

I'm using ISE Design Studio 14.7.

BOTTOM LINE:  What program and process generates xparameters.h?  I keep trying to "export to SDK" but the time stamp on that file won't update and its contents won't change.  (It's not a protected file, BTW.)

SECOND BOTTOM LINE:  Is this a licensing problem or something else?

Please note that I've been away from this a couple months, and had only learned recently how to use this tools.

I last used these tools in August.  Now it's November.  My root problem is that the file xparameters.h still has an August time stamp and does not include new stuff I added in XPS.  I have closed and reopened, and tried repeatedly to "export to SDK" from XPS.  But xparameters.h doesn't get updated and doesn't get a new time stamp.  Do note that below the folder containing my xmp file that XPS uses, there's an SDK folder whose content DOES get updated with a new timestamp. And looking inside the xml file, I see references to my new stuff. However, xparameters.h doesn't appear below this folder; it appears elsewher.  I don't know how the xparameters.h elsewhere gets eventually generated/updated.  Do note that this file structure worked in August.  

Do please note that when I load XPS, I get yet again a license error.  But it otherwise seems to work OK.  Is it possible that I've forgotten or am being deceived?  That is, does XPS seem to be working but it's really not?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar helmutforren
Scholar

Re: XPS export to SDK seems to not be working

Jump to solution

RESOLVED:  

It seems that the SDK builds xparameters.h, but not always.  I'm not sure of the outdated dependency that causes it to happen.  The culprits involved are XPS exporting and Navigator doing Synthesis, Implementation, and Generating Programming File.  Loading SDK over and over again, it seems that one of the Navigator steps caused the next load of SDK to rebuild everything, including a new xparameters.h.

Regarding the license issue, my vpn to the license server wasn't connected.  So that was an easy fix, and probably not related to this problem.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar helmutforren
Scholar

Jump to solution

RESOLVED:  

It seems that the SDK builds xparameters.h, but not always.  I'm not sure of the outdated dependency that causes it to happen.  The culprits involved are XPS exporting and Navigator doing Synthesis, Implementation, and Generating Programming File.  Loading SDK over and over again, it seems that one of the Navigator steps caused the next load of SDK to rebuild everything, including a new xparameters.h.

Regarding the license issue, my vpn to the license server wasn't connected.  So that was an easy fix, and probably not related to this problem.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Feel free to mark this post as solved.

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos