Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

XSCT: how to set compiler settings for library project

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would like to automate project creation for Vitis 2019.2 using TCL scripting. 

I need to customize few compiler options and this seems to be possible only for application projects.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_2/ug1400-vitis-embedded.pdf

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2019_2/vitis_doc/Chunk286545141.html#esn1543754645434

I have a library project and there is not "library config" option available. Why is it missing?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @itmadem1,

For the moment, there is no XSCT command to configure a library project created by "library create".
We are aware of that and a new command "library config" will be added in future releases for that purpose.

For the moment and as a workaround, if you are using 2019.2, we have a patch that allows you to use "app config" with library projects.

To apply the patch, please extract the attached zip file, and set MYVIVADO environment variable to the extracted directory with name myvivado.

This patch is made on top of 2019.2 release. Changes are in sdk.tcl file.

Please note that this is a temporary fix. Without this patch "app config" won't work with library projects and it won't do that in future releases. "app config" is not intended to be used with library projects and you have to update the command in your script to "library config" as soon as you upgrade to a future release that support this new command.

Best regards,
Abdallah
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
I discovered the same issue and would like to know why there is a difference between Vitis IDE and XSCT. In addition, the XSCT "library create" command will always create a C project and there is no option to create a C++ library. These all seem like significant limitations.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you want to change the library options from XSCT

To get all the params current on your lib:

• bsp listparams -lib <your library name>
  • bsp config <param> <value>

For example, this is for a custom library I created and added:

xsct.PNG

os_param.PNG

param_proc.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

actually I was referring to library projects created in the workspace with the "library create" xsct command (or the "New Library project" wizard in the IDE).

You are proposing to define a custom library using MLD to be included in the BSP. Yes, it can be an alternative... I will try this approach, it seems more flexible but also much more complex.

Thank you for your reply

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @itmadem1,

For the moment, there is no XSCT command to configure a library project created by "library create".
We are aware of that and a new command "library config" will be added in future releases for that purpose.

For the moment and as a workaround, if you are using 2019.2, we have a patch that allows you to use "app config" with library projects.

To apply the patch, please extract the attached zip file, and set MYVIVADO environment variable to the extracted directory with name myvivado.

This patch is made on top of 2019.2 release. Changes are in sdk.tcl file.

Please note that this is a temporary fix. Without this patch "app config" won't work with library projects and it won't do that in future releases. "app config" is not intended to be used with library projects and you have to update the command in your script to "library config" as soon as you upgrade to a future release that support this new command.

Best regards,
Abdallah

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Ok, I will try the patch.

Thank you and best regards

Highlighted

You are welcome @itmadem1 

Best regards,
Abdallah
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, is there also a patch available for Vitis (XSCT) 2020.1 on Windows? Thx.

0 Kudos