UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

XSCT importprojects without "Copy projects into workspace"

When adding projects to a workspace in SDK, the standard behavior is that the project is linked (i.e. the files are not copied into the workspace but edited at the location they are). XSCT seems to always copy the files into the workspace when running the command "importprojects". Unfortunately this is not what I need (and as far as I know not the common usecase anyway).

How can I import projects into  a workspace without copying them in XSCT?

Best Regards,

Oliver

9 Replies

Re: XSCT importprojects without "Copy projects into workspace"

Hi @obruendl_psi,

With the existing XSCT commands, it will copy the project into the workspace while importing the projects, unlike the GUI option.

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @arpansur

Yes, this is absolutely clear to me (as I wrote in my post). The point is that this is not the common use-case. Usually the project sources shall be modified in place (i.e. linked project, not copied projects). Are there any plans to implement this?

Background:

Unfortunately the .mss file of a BSP must be checked in into version control systems for the project to build correctly. Whenever I change the bitstream, the .mss is modified during the update_hw/generate_bsp/build flow I execute from scripts. XSCT operates on copies of the project, the version controlled .mss file is not changed and the next build will fail.

Of course I can just manually copy the changed .mss back to the original project as workaround. But an option "-link" or "-donotcopy" or something like that should be added to the XSCT importprojects command. As far as I know that is the most common use-case, so XSCT should support it. 

Hi @obruendl_psi,

Yes, I understand your requirement.

We are checking your requirement and will update you once I hear from the concerned team. 

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Visitor maddyaby
Visitor

Has there been any update on this? I would also really like this feature.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Visitor ghammes
Visitor

I would really like to see this import without copy option added to xsct also.   Any update?

0 Kudos
Observer matthewlh
Observer

I would also like to see this feature implemented by Xilinx.

0 Kudos

@arpansur any news? Our team could really use this too...
0 Kudos
Participant epeach
Participant

+1 for this feature. I wish it was as easy to script SDK as it is Vivado!

Explorer
Explorer

I would also like this feature available.

0 Kudos