cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hbaumann
Visitor
Visitor

XSDK/XSCT: WARNING: [Hsi 61-9] Current Software design may not be compatible with "zynq_fsbl" app. Tool is ignoring the MSS file specified in the app directory

Hi,

I try to generate an FSBL with the help of XSCT. Therefor I have written this small tcl-script:

puts "starting tcl-script"

#setting workspace
setws /tmp_fsbl

#get all projects in the workspace and assign the list to the "myprojects"-variable
set myprojects [getprojects -type all]

#step through the list of projects and delete them
foreach element $myprojects {
puts "deleting $element"
deleteproject -name $element
}

puts "creating hardware specification"
createhw -name hw_test_master -hwspec /tmp_fsbl/top_wrapper_masterBranch.hdf

puts "create FSBL"
createapp -name fsbl_test_master -app {Zynq FSBL} -proc ps7_cortexa9_0 -hwproject hw_test_master -os standalone

puts "add compiler-symbol FSBL_DEGUB_INFO + FSBL_DEBUG"
configapp -app fsbl_test_master define-compiler-symbols FSBL_DEBUG_INFO
configapp -app fsbl_test_master define-compiler-symbols FSBL_DEBUG

puts "configure bsp and update system.mss"
configbsp -bsp fsbl_test_master_bsp stdin ps7_uart_1
configbsp -bsp fsbl_test_master_bsp stdout ps7_uart_1
updatemss -mss /tmp_fsbl/fsbl_test_master_bsp/system.mss
regenbsp -bsp fsbl_test_master_bsp

puts "build projects"
projects -build

puts "script finished ........."

This seems to work kinda fine and finishes successfull (fsbl was generated).

My problem is that I get this warning:

WARNING: [Hsi 61-9] Current Software design may not be compatible with "zynq_fsbl" app. Tool is ignoring the MSS file specified in the app directory

when executing this line:

createapp -name fsbl_test_master -app {Zynq FSBL} -proc ps7_cortexa9_0 -hwproject hw_test_master -os standalone

Like I said, the script produces a fsbl which seems to work. Only problem I encounter is that I dont see any debug messages of the fsbl. Im kinda certain that is related to the warning above. I think my changes to the stdin/stdout are ignored.

I dont know why my design shouldnt be compatible "zynq_fsbl". Im working with an "XA7Z010" and defined this in the Vivado project. 

Can someone give me an hint why this warning appears and the system.mss file is ignored.

Thanks

Heiko

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @hbaumann 

I'm guessing that the warning might be related to the fact of being XA (automotive) device, so the tool get confused and issues the warning. Anyway could you let me know which release of the tool are you using?

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
hbaumann
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @ibaie ,

I'm using the 2018.02 Version of Vivado and XSDK/XSCT. I also tried it with earlier versions like 2017.02 with the same result.

Thanks

Heiko

0 Kudos
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @hbaumann 

The warning message regarding the platform seems to be just an issue related to XA device not being properly identified by the scripts. Anyway the FSBL application is properly created so the warning message could be ignored safely. Testing on newer releases of the tools the issue has been already fixed.

The fact that is not priting the anything in the serial port seems to be strange. I would suggest to open the workspace with SDK and check the following points:

1. The serial port has been updated in the BSP configuration
  2. Application project has FSBL_DEBUG and FSBL_DEBUG_INFO symbols defined
  3. Debug the FSBL application in the target and ensure it is properly executing

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos