cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedro_uno
Advisor
Advisor

XSDK workspace setup using XSCT TCL script?

Jump to solution

Hello Guys,

I'm doing a bare metal project in XSDK. I don't like memorizing Eclipse gui procedures so I wrote a little tcl script that runs in the Xilinx Software Command Line Tool (XSCT) shell. I just checkout my files from the subversion repository and run the tcl script. It pulls in the .hdf file, creates a bsp and creates an application containing my code.

Unfortunately, there are a couple of steps that I still do manually in the gui. I have to add libm to the C Libraries settings because I use sin() and cos(). After that, I have to create a Run Configuration.

I looked at UG1138 and UG1208 but saw nothing on this.  Maybe this is more of an Eclipse issue than XSDK.

Are there XSCT tcl commands to add libm and create run configurations?

Thanks,

----------------------------------------
DSP in hardware and software
-----------------------------------------
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sadanan
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

To add libm to the app, you can run "configapp -name <app-name> libraries m" ;# replace m with any other library you want to use (do not include -l or -lib while adding libraries like this)

There is no option to create a run configuration from XSCT. However, you can use debug commands to run your application. When you run/debug an app from GUI, you'll see a dump of debug commands in the LOG view. You can copy those commands to your XSCT script, or write the commands manually. Please refer to 

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2017_4/SDK_Doc/xsct/use_cases/xsdb_standalone_app_debug.html for an example

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sadanan
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

To add libm to the app, you can run "configapp -name <app-name> libraries m" ;# replace m with any other library you want to use (do not include -l or -lib while adding libraries like this)

There is no option to create a run configuration from XSCT. However, you can use debug commands to run your application. When you run/debug an app from GUI, you'll see a dump of debug commands in the LOG view. You can copy those commands to your XSCT script, or write the commands manually. Please refer to 

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2017_4/SDK_Doc/xsct/use_cases/xsdb_standalone_app_debug.html for an example

View solution in original post

pedro_uno
Advisor
Advisor

This seems to work except that in XSDK 2017.4 I had to use -app option, not -name.

"configapp -app <app-name> libraries m"

----------------------------------------
DSP in hardware and software
-----------------------------------------