UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Xilinx EDK - use new parser on old devices

I am using a V5 FPGA board and am back-porting logic that is tested to work on a V6.

How can I direct XST to use the new parser for V5 instead of the old parser ? What settings file should I change to achieve this ?

RRS

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Xilinx EDK - use new parser on old devices

Hi,

You can use the switch -use_new_parser yes in additional command line options of synthesis properties. After setting this in synthesis properties re-run synthesis.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Can you do this Xilinx Platform Studio ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

The one I have mentioned is in ISE.

For XPS, please follow the steps below:

1. Open the .scr file in synthesis folder of top level.

2. Include this switch in the .scr file and save it.

3. Now run it in command line mode.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Doesn't the SCR files get regenerated everytime. Which means I will have to make the edits every time ?

Can this be done using XCF files ? I see some posts suggesting this but am not seeing it to work. 

0 Kudos