UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jason_ca
Visitor

Xilinx SDK IDE - Enable Debug With BSP Sources

Jump to solution

Utilizing the Xilinx SDK Eclipse based IDE, how can the BSP Source's be included so they can be debugged? 

For example, under ps7_cortexa9_0 there is a folder known as 'libsrc' which contain the source code files for the BSP. The problem that I am having during debugging of my project is that I'm only able to view the disassembly of the Xlinx BSP driver calls. Instead, I'd like to somehow make the Xilinx SDK IDE aware of the source files so that I'm not viewing the disassembly, but instead stepping through the BSP source code located in the 'libsrc' folder.

Is there any way to include the source code files or include the path to the source code files so that the Debugger is made aware of the source code when debugging? I've been unable to find a way to achieve this so far.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Xilinx SDK IDE - Enable Debug With BSP Sources

Jump to solution

Hi,

Under the BSP settings, when you click on the CPU driver in left side pane, you should see options for extra compiler flags. Can you add -g3 -O0 to them?

5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Under the BSP settings, when you click on the CPU driver in left side pane, you should see options for extra compiler flags. Can you add -g3 -O0 to them?

Visitor jason_ca
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks Sadanan! That was exactly what I was looking for =). This works now!

0 Kudos
Observer trilok_4
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks @jason_ca @sadanan  

I have same problem facing from last 2 months. Now problem is resolved. Once again thanks a lot :)

Trilok

0 Kudos
Observer binbinyantai
Observer

Jump to solution
I get the same problem,thanks very much
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer jsam062
Observer

Jump to solution

This is a very helpful piece of information to know!  With the default settings, I could see the BSP sources in the debugger, but trying to step gave very strange movements through the source files.  After appending -g3 -O0 to the 'extra compiler flags' option, I needed to Re-generate BSP Sources and Build All, but after that, stepping through the BSP source is working well.

For comparison, the library sizes I get are:

Default options:

libfreertos.a   247 KB,    libxil.a   1774 KB

Adding -g3 -O0:

libfreertos.a   1277 KB,    libxil.a   13,850 KB

0 Kudos