UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xilinx VC707 FPGA

Hello Team,

I am using Xilinx VC707 FPGA board to mimic my IC architecture. I use BRAM to model 1MB flash. However, when i use data2mem.exe to generate .bit file (to merge firmware and RTL bit file) i see the error attached fig1.png.

ERROR:Data2MEM:21 - Bit lane OVERLAP in ADDRESS_SPACE 'pike_river_addr_map.flash'.
'i_estonet40_pmic_dig_top/i_dig_core/i_flash/ram/main_mem_reg_1_0 [0:0]'
'i_estonet40_pmic_dig_top/i_dig_core/i_flash/ram/main_mem_reg_0_0 [0:0]'

so on till 

'i_estonet40_pmic_dig_top/i_dig_core/i_flash/ram/main_mem_reg_1_63 [63:63]'
'i_estonet40_pmic_dig_top/i_dig_core/i_flash/ram/main_mem_reg_0_63[63:63]'

(screenshot attached)

please suggest me on resolving this error.

Thanks,

Sanju

fig1.PNG
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Xilinx VC707 FPGA

As the error message states; you have a bitlane mismatch. can you share the bmm file?

0 Kudos

Re: Xilinx VC707 FPGA

Hello,

Please find the attached bmm file. This was when i was trying to use BRAM size 1MB. There were 4 instances of main_mem_reg created and the error was only for main_mem_reg_0 and main_mem_reg_1 for all 32bits(bit lane overlap error).

However when i change the size to 128Kb , I am able to merge the mem file, bmm and bit file and there is only one insatnce of main_mem_reg_0 in the bmm file. However, the *.mem file contents are not placed at the expected adress 0 specified in the bmm file. What can be the issue here? I use data2mem utility to merge *.mem, *.bit and *.bmm files.

Each time i run synthesis and place & route, in the bmm file the PLACED location changes. Can this be an issue as I don't see the data i expect to see at address 0 of BRAM(emulated as flash in the design).

Thanks

Sanju 

0 Kudos