cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajeeth340
Visitor
Visitor

Xilinx ZCU104 graphics booting with petalinux prebuilt images.

Hello everyone,

Board:                                           xilinx ZCU104
Host machine:                             Ubuntu Desktop 18.04.5 LTS
Vivado and Petalinux version:  2020.1
Monitor:                                        Acer monitor with HDMI port
Connection:                               ZCU104(DisplayPort) to Acer monior (HDMI)

--> I am trying to boot graphics display using DisplayPort on ZCU104 board with petalinux 2020.1 prebuilt images generated using xilinx-zcu104-v2020.1-final.bsp

--> For which I followed this tutorial to boot petalinux from SDcard

--> Under '<petalinux project directory>/pre-built/linux/images' I've copied BOOT.BIN, boot.scr, image.ub and rootfs.cpio.gz in to first partition of my SD card.

--> Images attached: myZCU104_display setup.jpg this image shows my project setup
DisplayPort2HDMI.jpg this image show the DisplayPort to HDMI cable which use to connect ZCU104 and Monitor for graphics display.
ZCU104.jpg this image shows the ZCU104 board

--> Problem I am facing: When i try to boot petalinux using SD card mode i am able to see the boot sequence on the serial terminal on my host machine. But, I coundn't see any signal on the monitor.

--> Question: Does the prebuilt image contain driver and application for DisplayPort? If yes how to enable it in order to get a display on the monitor?

I am attaching the boot sequence log file and Xor.0.log file for you reference. Kindly someone look in to this query and help me resolve my issues.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Ajeeth Kumar

myZCU104_display setup.jpg
DisplayPort2HDMI.jpg
ZCU104.jpg
0 Kudos
3 Replies
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @ajeeth340 

Your cable or adaptor seems passive.

So, at least you are facing this issue.

Would you try to connect via Display port cable to monitor with DP ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
ajeeth340
Visitor
Visitor

Hello, @watari ,

Thanks for your response. I will try using an active adapter, since i don't have a monitor with DisplayPort.

I would like to know the expected output on the display after connecting my ZCU104 and the monitor. Is that a Operating system which or a simple demo program which will be displayed?

Also, share me few images of graphics display if you have any.

Regards

Ajeeth Kumar

0 Kudos
watari
Teacher
Teacher

0 Kudos