UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer billbracken
Observer

Xilkernel

Where does one go to get information regarding Xilkernel?  I have am application running on an ML507 that is running two threads.  One sending out serial data on the uart... One toggling LEDs.  The problem is trying to access other Xilkernel functions.  For example when attempting to use the xget_clock_ticks() function, the linker is unable to resolve the function call.  I have include xmk.h and sys/timer.h (without sys/timer.h you obviously get compilation errors).  The Eclipse project seems to be configured correctly.  The gcc compiler section under Inferred Options has a path to the proper include directory.  The gcc linker section under Inferred Options has "-xilkernel" as an inferred option with the Library path set to the microblaze library path.  The eclipse project was built by simply indicating to use xilkernel when the workspace was created.  libxilkernel.a does indeed exist and seems to be in the correct location.  Again, the two threads seem to work just fine.

This may not be the correct forum, but I'd be interested in conversing (phone or email) with individuals who have experience with Xilkernel.

I am using version 14.7 tools and an ML507 board.

Thanks in advance,

bb

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Xilkernel

Hi,
You can find the related documents @ http://xgoogle.xilinx.com/search?output=xml_no_dtd&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&client=support&proxystylesheet=support&site=Answers_Docs&filter=0&resultsView=category&tab=bk&num=200&sortBy=date&show_dynamic_navigation=1&sort=date%3AD%3AR%3Ad1&documentClass=Docu...
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Observer billbracken
Observer

Vijay,

I have looked at every document that I can find related to the ML507.  Typically all of the documents are 5 years old and are based upon the XIlinx tools of the date when the boards were released (I am using 14.7).  Also with very few exceptions the documents do not reference Xilkernel.  I am almost 100% positive that the issue I'm having is related to the library and/or library paths not being set correctly.  As best I can determine, even the reference design for the ML507 does not use Xilkernel, in fact it looks like it doesn't even have an Eclipse workspace for the indiviidual tests that it can execute.  It appears to only have the microblaze definition and downloadable bit images.

The Eclipse project appears to include the libxilkernel.a library.  The Eclipse project was generated when I generated the Eclipse worksapce for a Xilkernel project.  Again, as best I can determine from the documentation, xget_clock_ticks() should be included.

I need information on the configuration of the Eclipse project to support Xilkernel development.

Thank you,

bb

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi bb,

The closest document that can help you build a Xilkernel based project using SDK 14.x is given here.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/ug757.pdf

There is a reference design also attached with this UG.

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Newbie jiangxue90

thank you

0 Kudos