UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Xillib.tcl

I am trying to develop an IP and its associated driver. I want to generate a static driver configuration file <ip name>_g.c like the one generated by library generator for standard Xilinx IPs. I was trying to write a TCL file and include it with driver files.

I adopted my TCL file from Xilinx XUartLite driver TCL file.I recognized the TCL procedure "xdefine_config_file" used for the UartLite as the procedure which generates the "xuartlite_g.c" file.

I defined a configuration structure type in my <ip name>.h header file with the required configuration parameters. And I sued  "xdefine_config_file" in my IP TCL file to generate the <ip name>_g.c file.

The file is generated as I need but library generator gives me an error in the file "<ip name>_g.c" which says

"error: expected '=' , ',' , ';' , 'asm' , or '_attribute_' before '<ip name>_ConfigTable' [<ip name>_g.c]"

I exmained the generated <ip name>_g.c file very carfuy and I couldn't find any problems in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody know a solution for that?

I want to get the source of the procedure "xdefine_config_file", Does anybody know where I can find it?

Where I can find the "xillib.tcl" file?

I am using EDK 10.1

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Xillib.tcl

The xillib* files are in $XILINX_EDK/data/datastructure

To figure out the issue with your _g.c files, please provide the relevant sections of your _g.c file, and the exact compiler error. You can also try adding -save-temps to your gcc compile line to get the intermediate files (after C pre processor runs). 

0 Kudos