UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor simon_ha
Visitor

Zync - lwip 141 problem with sending packets greater 64 Byte

Jump to solution

Hi,

i detect an error in the lwip lib which is used since Vivado Studio 2015.1.

In Vivado Studio 2014.4 and before, i can use the lwip echo example and everything works like expected.

If i create the same lwip echo example in Vivado Studio 2015.1 the lwip will receive every packet i send to the connected Zynq zc702 if the network packet is less than 64 Byte in size. But it does not reply when the network packet is greater 64 Byte.

Even if i try to send network packets directly, without waiting for a received one, as long as they are greater than 64 bytes nothing will be send from the Zynq Board to the network.

The Debug messages in the lwip lib don't show anything, not even a single error.

Did anyone here has the same problem or knows a solution for the problem?

Thanks

Best regards

Simon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor simon_ha
Visitor

Re: Zync - lwip 141 problem with sending packets greater 64 Byte

Jump to solution

I fixed the problem.

The Problem is that when i create a new Application and Configuration for running the application in XSDK, the initialization file for this configuration is not filled in automatically, i first have to click on that entry before it is correct.

So the whole time the init script was wrong in Vivado 2015.1, which caused the whole problem.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor simon_ha
Visitor

Jump to solution

I did some more testing.

The results are the following:

And maybe it is a problem in Vivado 2015.1, because even if i use the lwip 140 v. 2.3 in XSDK 2015.1, which works in XSDK 2014.4, it doesn't work in XSDK 2015.1.

The same problem with ethernet packets, which are greater than 64 Byte occur and also basic commands like ping don't work in XSDK 2015.1 if lwip is used in a baremetal application.

The code and the project looks like they are the same in both versions.

What does work is:

If you create an Zynq Example Project in 2014.4 and import it into 2015.1, regenerate bit file, export to XSDK and regenerate everything.

Then everything works as expected.

Even if i change to lwip 141 after importing it, everything works as expected.

But if i create a new Zynq Example Project directly in 2015.1 it doesn't work as expected.

0 Kudos
Visitor simon_ha
Visitor

Jump to solution

I fixed the problem.

The Problem is that when i create a new Application and Configuration for running the application in XSDK, the initialization file for this configuration is not filled in automatically, i first have to click on that entry before it is correct.

So the whole time the init script was wrong in Vivado 2015.1, which caused the whole problem.

0 Kudos