Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC - PS Temperature and Voltage Monitor Error

I've been trying to run the example given in this xilinx wiki document:

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842251/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+-+PS+Temperature+and+Voltage+Monitor

However, when making the file additions mentioned, and attempting to recompile the pmu firmware, I received error messages that elf section stack will not fit in the region PMU_RAM:

/opt/petaLinux/2019.1_SDK/SDK/2019.1/gnu/microblaze/lin/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/8.2.0/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld: executable.elf section `.stack' will not fit in region `PMU_RAM'

/opt/petaLinux/2019.1_SDK/SDK/2019.1/gnu/microblaze/lin/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/8.2.0/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld: section .xpbr_serv_ext_tbl VMA [00000000ffddf6e0,00000000ffddfadf] overlaps section .stack VMA [00000000ffddf02c,00000000ffde002f]

/opt/petaLinux/2019.1_SDK/SDK/2019.1/gnu/microblaze/lin/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/8.2.0/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld: region `PMU_RAM' overflowed by 2384 bytes

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I also tried to build the pmu through OSL flow as indicated here https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842462/Build+PMU+Firmware, and got the same error message.

Has anyone else seen this or tried it out? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @az23 ,

I just made a quick test and you are right the PMU Firmware of 2019.1 does not compile with the example code provided for sysmon usage. I guess the issue might be due to the fact that PMU Firmware is an evolving software that has been increasing in size, so the example code does not now fit with the provided code.

Taking a look to the code clearly this is driven by the multiple printf statements in the SysmonPsuPolledExamplePrint function that requires all the constant string to be placed into memory. A quick workaround is just commenting out or merging them into less print statements or at least with less constant values (text).

Anyway I will let know to the wiki owners about the issue.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos