cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC program can't reach main()

Hi,

I am using the Xilinx SDK (2017.4) to write a simple C++ standalone application for a Cortex-a53_0 on the Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC.  The program is loaded to On-Chip Memory via JTAG & the psu_init.tcl is not executed (psu_init() is called within main()); the debugger is set to halt at the entry point.  I have been able to step through the boot process relatively easily; but am running into a problem when the boot code branches to __libc_init_array (see xil-crt0.s line 112).  Stepping through the disassembly I can see that it tries to run functions in the _init_array section; but I lose JTAG connection to the processor before I am able to see what is really going on.  Checking the map file it seems like the only functions in this section belong to crtbegin.o & eh_alloc.o (eh_alloc.o comes from libstdc++.a).

Has anyone encountered an issue like this before?  Any suggestions on how to debug further?

Thanks,

-- Emmanuel

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

why are you not running the psu_init() before you download your executable? Can you try this, and see if this works?

0 Kudos