UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie aera_phil

arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc.exe was unable to start correctly

Hi

I am running Windows 8.1, with Vivado 2014.1 and the corresponding SDK

I tried to create the Hello World tutorial with Vivado and then the SDK firmware solution. 

When I try to build the SDK firmware solution, the application throws a message box with this error:

"arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc.exe was unable to start correctly (0xc0000124) - Click OK to close the application."

The console output is:

Building file: ../src/helloworld.c
Invoking: ARM gcc compiler
arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc -Wall -O0 -g3 -c -fmessage-length=0 -I../../TEST2_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/include -MMD -MP -MF"src/helloworld.d" -MT"src/helloworld.d" -o "src/helloworld.o" "../src/helloworld.c"
make: *** [src/helloworld.o] Fehler -1073741502

(I don't know how to display this in english)

I think its a problem with my computer, with an other pc the solution works. 

I have tried:

- adding to the path

- uninstalling and reinstalling the Vivado/SDK.

- reinstalling in admin account

Any Idea what could be wrong? Maybe problems with other Programs, I have also installed:

eclipse IDE

Atmel Studio 6.2

WinAVR

What else can I do?

Thanks

phil

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc.exe was unable to start correctly

This issue is due to the fact that the environment is not setup before SDK is invoked.The environment SDK needs to function properly can be set by using the settings files generated by the installer.

When invoking group/desktop shortcuts, the runtime environment is setup by the boot loaders and settings file are not used.

You can work around this problem by manually setting the SDK environment (e.g., run the settings32/64 .bat or .sh file).

In Vivado 2013.1 and PlanAhead 14.5 tool, this issue has been resolved by having the SDK boot loader construct an SDK runtime environment.

The Vivado boot loader will search the local install area ../../SDK/<same version as Vivado being used>. If SDK exists, set XILINX_SDK. If not, do not set it. No warnings, errors will be issued.

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
Visitor andadr-9
Visitor

Does anyone have a fix for this? Running setting64 doesn't help. Nothing works, been trying all combinatinons for the last four hours..

0 Kudos
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

0 Kudos